Amplify return to stage 2014’s biggest gaming event, engaging over 500k gamers
For the last five years Amplify have been tasked with creating the ultimate platform for PlayStation to unveil their innovations to the world at Gamescom, Cologne.
Each year Amplify creates a monumental, live-streamed and visually dynamic event experience attended by key journalists, bloggers, publishers, partners and retailers.
The carefully co-ordinated and curated 60-90 minute show features not only speakers from PlayStation, but previews and presentations for all the leading games manufacturers – setting the gaming agenda for the year ahead.
A complete media infrastructure is put in place, to allow the widest dissemination of key announcements, messages, previews and content.
2014 saw prestigious industry figures, such as Michel Ansel and Hideo Kojima presenting state of the art advances in technology. PlayStation’s latest and most exciting products were unveiled for the first time to the audience, including PlayStation TV, Far Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid, Share Play, Until Dawn, Tearaway, DRIVECLUB and Wild.
- Annually 1,500 – 2,000 key figures from the gaming industry attend
- A further 500k gamers are live-streamed through a satellite uplink
- Full media infrastructure enables global reach through journalist and blogger attendees
- In 2011 a large section of the presentation presented in 3D - in–line with Sony's wider innovation
- In 2012, to launch Move, Diversity performed a routine incorporating the handheld devices
- To launch PS4 2013 saw the largest screen totalling 38m wide, and a rare appearance of the elusive legend Shuhei Yoshida, President of SCE Worldwide Studios
- In 2014 the presentation went beyond the screens, through the use of programmed LED lights through the venue
- Over 18.5 million sales of PlayStation 4 globally since 2013