I am a huge fan of vinyl. Most of the mixes I have recorded are 100% recorded on vinyl. Adjusting the speed of a record using the pitch control on Technics 1210 turntables is much better than a jog wheel of a CDJ or clicking a mouse on Ableton.
Also, being a fan of a project that your friends have put together is great. It gives me so much joy when your friends / associates produce an amazing piece of music and I can put a record on the deck with their name on it – It puts the pressure on me to do their production justice by nailing a great mix – There are tracks on this mix by Daniel Avery, Damon Martin and Legendary Children who are all friends that I am looking forward to sending this mix to.
Over the years of putting together mixes, I have established that I am a fan of Morgan Geist of Metro Area fame – most of my mixes have a record produced by or on Morgan Geist’s label. Same applies for Andy Blake of World Unknown / Cave Paintings / Dissident also.
- The Isolators/ Viewlexx - Interdit Ce Soir
- Baby Oliver/ Environ - Uptown Express
- Daniel Avery/ Phantasy - The Eagle
- Andy Blake/ Cave Paintings - 1Y
- Cottam - #2
- Dee Edwards (Pilooski edit)/ Diamond Traxxx - Why Can't There Be Love
- Matzo & Pauli/ Cyberdance - We Are
- Olin & Co Processing/ Discovery Recordings - Olso
- Pacific Horizons/ Pacific Wizard Foundations - Stealing Fire From Heaven
- Librodisia (Force of Nature remix)/ Cru-el Classics - Got To Be Real
- Eros - #2
- Free Disco (Acid Funk Mix)/ Rong Music - Umbra Sumus
- Eros - #1
- Damon Martin (Legendary Children remix)/ Disco Bloodbath - That Aint Right
- Jamie 3:26/ Strobe Light Honey - Acid Whump
- Carter Bros/ Black Catalogue - Run
- Mike Dunn/ Underground - Pressure Cooker
- Unabombers (Electric North Mix)/ Chysalis - Sing
- Mathew Johnson/ Itiswhatitis - Typerope
- Daniel Avery/ Phantasy - Locked Groove #4